Wednesday, February 27, 2008

CHARLIE WAS HERE!

Late February 2008.


The cabin has been "Charli-fied" and you won't believe it!

I had to pick my jaw up off the floor after D lead me in and turned on the lights to reveal the work that was done. Never in my wildest dreams could I have ever imagined it would be this good. Pinch me, I've got to be dreaming...





Charlie-ism #1: "When in doubt, stick a log out."



Charlie-ism #2: "String don't lie."




Cool built in shelves surprise you everywhere.


Small bells on the master bedroom soffit.
All doors have been hung.


Sunset.





We still haven't got a new pan from the second fireplace guy (we think he forgot about us) and the leak continues. The first guy used the wrong sealing caulk which failed at the top - half of the collar wasn't caulked at all. The pan was nailed on flat which pooled the water toward the middle. Just a mess. D climbed up and made a temporary fix.


Our "facilities" in the basement. We now have hot water.


Ed and Tom finished the gable end - beautiful!


The coolest part of my weekend was watching Charlie create our mantel. He didn't even know what it would end up like. It's amazing!!




D and Levi lag in the tree.





Spindle boy was back at it again.
Charlie gave him some instruction to fitting them on a curved rail.


Charlie-ism #3: "Pull that trigger!"


Old, lazy Smoky.